Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Waiting for the ship!



Hi everyone, Nicki here. This is a pic of our car, also known as Toaster! It is a nifty little Daihatsu Extol which is no longer made. It has a small engine, and, as with everything in Bermuda, cost too much. We paid more for this than what we made selling the Golf and the Audi. All cars on the island hold their value quite well, so let's hope this one does too. For all you pending visitors, it has 7 seats, so you can hop in as you won't be able to hire your own car!


There are bikes and bikes everywhere. My new one is currently on order - a Piaggio Liberty 125 CC. As with alot of things there is no stock so I have to order it and it arrives mid-October - they say! My drive to work is 5.4kms and this morning it took me 40 minutes - crazy - I was wishing for some water wheels as I could see the office but could not get there! Anyway, I will just have to try and leave earlier tomorrow!


Miss T and I at the town of St George - a lovely day out and very English!



No comments: