Monday, November 13, 2006

Winter in Bermuda

I can't believe we have been here for over 3 months already. In some ways it feels like we have been here for a year, and yet in others I feel we arrived yesterday. We always thank God for people that make a real effort to get to know us, and we have some people here that have done that. I work with Corinna, and she and Grant have been a great help to both of us. Their daughters, Hannah and Clara, are Tayla's mates as T is in the middle of them age-wise. Then Craig and Caroline have been great, as well as people we have met through work.

We have not yet settled at a new Church. For the last 2 weeks we have been to the same one, which we are enjoying, but some of the things take a little getting used to. Time will tell whether we settle.

Big news, we have been potty training Tayla this weekend. She has done really well and I was even brave enough to take her to the shops with me without a nappy (but with a dry pair of pants in my bag). The trick will be to see how she goes at nursery tomorrow and for the rest of the week.

Some more exciting news is that my new bike arrived on Thursday. Very impressive - a Liberty 125CC - much more powerful than my rental scooter which I was needing to go full throttle on up the hills.

There has also been a baby boom amongst the friends. Brig and James had a little boy, Sean. Ang and Fonz had a little girl, Georgina and Jen and Sikes had a little girl, Kirsten. Wow!

We are spending Christmas here. My mom is coming over on the 17th and is with us until after new year and we will probably just have a really relaxing time.

As you can imagine, the winters in Bermuda are quite mild. This morning we were on the beach at 7am and went for a lovely walk. I will post some pics when I am home (am baby sitting at the moment!).

Would love to hear all your news. We miss your friends in London big time and hop you will ALL come and visit.

No comments: