Saturday, December 09, 2006

Bermuda Boat Parade

Christmas is not a small thing in Bermuda. You can definitely feel the North American influence here and the houses are being decorated and people are pulling out all the stops. Part of the Bermuda celebrations are the Christmas Parade down the main streets, and then the Boat Parade. There are various categories that people can compete in and they do a circuit around the main areas. As you can imagine, Miss Tayla loved it, and she waved at all the Father Christmas's as they went past (I am not too sure how to explain that one!).

It is downhill to Christmas now and most of my shopping is done (it helps when there are only 4 of us for Xmas!). I hosted a lunch for all the Finance folk at work here today. Dave had a hockey game and scored 3 goals (and also got sent off!), so they won their game 3-2.








Tayla has had a bit of a cold and I seem to have caught it, but I am hoping that we have nipped it in the bud early enough.
Not much news other than that, Xmas parties have happened, and I managed to win a travel voucher for $750 - what a bonus.

No comments: