Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Mom in India

It has been a long week for a very homesick mommy! I left for the UK last Sunday, headed to the UK for 2 days of work, and then flew into Delhi last Wednesday. The time difference with Bermuda is 9.5 hours - as a result I suffered from major jet lag, awake all night, falling asleep at about 4am and then waking up at 6:30am for work.

Delhi is the same as it was before - crazy! There is no such a thing as road rage, but there is also no such a things as obeying the rules of the road. Believe it or not I was quite relaxed and decided that the only way to enjoy this was to sit back and watch.

From a work perspective it was very productive, I found the guys out here really eager to learn and to share information. The last time I was here in 2002 there were 50 people in the office and there are now over 1000!

On the weekend Will (my colleague) and I went to Jaipur. Saturday was spent shopping - carpets etc. and then to the spa for massages et al. Sunday we did some sight seeing including an elephant ride.

I am currently sitting at Delhi airport having conned my way into the BA lounge - just joking, I just asked! I will see Dave and Tayla on Thursday morning, and man I alive, I have missed them. Miss T has not been very forthcoming in chatting to me on the phone.

Dave has been doing a superb job holding down the fort at home - a dad of note, but we always knew that.

We head to SA on Thursday evening for 2 weeks including Dad's wedding which I am very excited about. Tayla is due to be a flower girl, but how that will work I am not too sure. Perhaps a little bribery at the end of the aisle may help. She can get very shy so may need some Dutch courage - Rescue drops!

Bye for now.

1 comment:

Dickinson Family said...

Hope there was a happy reunion! We miss you guys...
love BermudaDickos