Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Bermuda in a gale

Long time and no news! Sorry, we are back into the normal swing of things, and as we know, life carries on. Miss T is making choc chip cookies at school today - what skills they learn these days - in my day they would never have children anywhere near in case of mess! Tomorrow they are off to the library.






Last Friday was slightly manic. Gale force winds kept blowing. It was grandparents day at Tayla's school so I went off there in the morning (in the car as Dave did not want me on the bike - I definitely would have been blown over). Tayla did not cry this time (nor stick her fingers in her nose!), so that all went very nicely. No sooner had I got back to school than I got a call from Dave and Tayla's school to say they were closing as a result of the severe winds. So off I trekked again - all the way back, and then home. It was pretty ugly outside and some of the hurricane shutters came down. Quite a few boats sank as a result - not a good sign when we have just jointly bought one.

Sunday the Cranfields invited us around for a gorgeous roast dinner and a little biltong making. Having never done this myself, it was very interesting and we are looking forward to some samples. The wine flowed - as it does, and Ryan was followed around by Tayla all afternoon.
We are all off to the UK next week (me on the 10th and husband and child on the 14th). I have had a little crisis about leaving my child, but she is in good hands! The bit that I am not looking forward to is the trip to UK and India in March - yuk!

No comments: